I had one hell of a craptacular day on Thursday. It was crazy!!!!! I've been getting up at 6:15am in order to drive hubby to work, and then drive home to begin my busy day. Thursdays are usually my quiet days, but occasionally I end up with a doozy. I had to take the baby (L) to his three month appointment. It was a good one, he gained 2lbs in one month! Bringing him to a grand total of 17lbs 2oz. I knew there was a reason I can barely carry him and the car seat anymore. He is doing much better now that his tongue has been clipped. So, that alone meant we were going to be home late for lunch. Then I decided to visit my grams as one of her sisters was in and hadn't seen L yet. We ate lunch at my grams. The late lunch, busy morning into afternoon meant a meltdown for all three children. They had a short nap, but still managed to melt down for the rest of the day. Took C to Cadets, A and L came along for the ride. Came home and put A and E to bed. An hour later I picked up C from Cadets. I came home and A was still up (9:30pm). Her room has her mattress moved behind the door, her room a mess and a twenty dollar bill torn up on her floor!!! Then as I'm trying to get her back into bed after I fed her yet again (The kid has a hollow leg and spends all day telling me she's hungry), she starts literally running circles around me and laughing. I fought her into bed and ended up downstairs with L who decided it was play time. By 11pm I was so exhausted, but checked my blog for stats and comments and that is when my migraine induced day went from Craptacular to Spectacular!!!
Miss Katherine from An Irish-Italian Blessing left two comments, the latter telling me I won the Stylish Blogger Award. Now I have seen these types of awards on other peoples blogs and never thought in a million years that I would obtain one. I really feel honored. 1)that anyone would care enough to read about my little corner of insanity 2)that they would read it and admit it to others by awarding me such a thing. Honestly, it made my day. Hormonal me (I'm still nursing and only 3 months in back off lol) started bawling. My hubby looked at me like I was nuts until I explained and he thought that it was pretty awesome. Now, I must pass such awesomeness on :D
Thank you so much to Katherine. I strolled past her blog on blog frog and thought to myself, "self, anyone with a baby as cute as that deserves to be stalked." I'm glad I listened to myself. The coolest thing is that she has a tab of her bucket list! I might be weird, but I think it's cool. I keep reading her blog every day because she's funny and I love it when A points to the screen and says "Baby".
Okay, now on to the rules. Yes my friends, there are rules, which makes this post longer. Good thing I'm great at being long winded :D (suckers :P)
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award blogs you have recently discovered. (Apparently the original rules give the number 15. While it's awesome to aim high, with four children I'm remaining realistic and say if you can do 15 cool, if not pick a number more than five that you can do)
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
Seven Things About Me
1. I wanted four sets of twins
2. I was a single mom for five years. C changed my life. I went back to school, got my grade 12 and started to change myself for the better, because I wanted a better life for him than where I was at. (I still wanted twins)
3. I wanted to be a singer. I always said if that didn't work out I wanted to be a mom.
4. My not so secret daytime television obsession is Days of Our Lives. My Great Grandma introduced me to this when I was about 8 years old. I have been watching it on and off since then. Now I watch daily and get really angry when my pvr messes up and misses recording a day. (for some reason its only Fridays episodes) I don't know what I'll do with myself if they ever take it off the air as it's the only soap I watch.
5. I still like watching some teen shows like Degrassi and Pretty Little Liars.
6. I like to sleep. A LOT. Sleep is my best friend. While I know I should be relishing this time with my children, part of me cannot wait until they are old enough to let me sleep in. (I no longer want twins, never mind four sets)
7. I am lucky enough to have a job I enjoy. I only discovered it last year, but it is really something I have wanted to do for years. I feel blessed to be friends with the person who told me about the job and encouraged me to apply.
Now here comes the hard part. You want to give it to everyone, but you can't. You don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but you have to. I would never be a good judge. I'm too worried about what others will think. Okay, pushing guilt aside, let's do this.
Twins Plus One, Three Times The Fun must I explain? I started stalking her because I am still interested in mommy's who have twins. Still jealous that I didn't have twins, however, with my own four I know God knew what he was doing denying my prayers for twins. So I am now living vicariously through Miss Holly. :D
Comfort Doll Project I found Brenda's site through two other sites. I was struck by the picture of a comfort doll and wanted to know what it was. My search ended up on this blogs doorstep. It touched my heart. It's something I would love to do. I now read her blog every day.
Educated Abroad I'll admit it. I don't know many stay at home Dads. Okay, I don't know any at all. I've seen them, but I have never actually interacted with any of them. I've just sat back in awe. Well when this father joined my blog frog community I had to check out his blog. I have been hooked ever since. Here is a
fresh perspective on the trials of parenthood. Somehow Dad's see things differently. It's the same, yet somehow different. Love it!
Household 6 Diva I am very interested in those that stay home while their men/women go out and serve their country. I have a friends and family affiliated with the army. I read this blog because she shows strength while her loved one is away.
Momesticated a mom blogging about her amazing craftiness. I love checking out her corner of blogland and seeing what she has created.
Stranger In A Strange Land Hahahaha. What more can I say? The wittiness keeps me coming back for more. I'm so glad I stumbled across this blog.
Fireworks Sparkle Rainbow Honest, raw emotion. A young woman blogging about her struggles and pushing forward to live the best life she can live.
"Love is a Journey" another moving to the U.S. blog with tales spoken with perfected wit.
The Widow Lady Grief is something that greets us all at some point in our lives. This blogger is finding the way through her own by helping others. Incredible strength and insight.
Now get to visiting each of these blogs!!! Following them is your choice of course, but check them out and see if you find something new :) Pay the traffic forward :D
For the people who has received the Award, all you have to do is copy and paste the picture.